Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

"New" Car...

God is Good.

It is amazing to see how God works when we bring our needs to Him and then actually TRUST Him to provide for us.

My son Josh has driven an old 1994 Chevy Cavalier for the past 4 years and it has held up well and been a good car for him, but about two months ago it died.  It needs about $1,800 in repairs and that's more than the book value of the car, so it makes no sense to fix it.

Josh has been praying as have we for a solution to the "car problem".  Without a vehicle we don't get to see him as often as he is at the mercy of others to get him to and from Columbus, unless I go get him, and he is obviously more restricted and with summer coming and a summer job far away from home, a vehicle is a need, not a luxury.

I couldn't find what I was looking for as I searched for a vehicle for him to drive, so I started looking at cars for myself, thinking maybe I could find a "new" car for myself and let him use my car.   While I found several cars I wouldn't mind having, none were in a price range I was willing to pay.

Just when I was getting frustrated with the lack of results, and the seeming lack of answered prayers, my Father In Law called and asked me if I wanted to buy his wife's car.  She has decided it's time for a new car, and she was willing to give me a great deal if I bought her car.

So, in God's time, I was given the opportunity to purchase a nice car for several thousand dollars less than I would pay at a dealer... It is the answer to my prayers.  What more could I ask for?

My "New" Chevy Aveo

In Buckeye Scarlet

Complete with OSU stickers

Alloy Wheels

And a SUNROOF!
I have always driven small cars, so the size doesn't bother me at all.  I drive quite a few miles every year so a small car that gets good gas mileage is important and this little beauty fits the bill.


God is Definitely Good.

Until His Work In Me Is Complete,
Paul

1 comment:

I enjoy reading your comments and welcome feedback of every kind.

I do not use verification, nor do I screen comments. I will delete any obscene or SPAM comments, so if you see one please know it will not be here long...

Thanks for leaving a comment!!
Paul